Debt Capital Market Sector
Debt Capital Market Sector (DCM)
The DCM sector has been an active player in the overall surging performance of the SAIBBank.
- The sector’s role has grown remarkably over the past few years, armed with the top management vision of the indispensability of its versatile finance tools in achieving overall targets.
- The DCM finance venues encompassed the arrangement and management of syndicated loans, the subscription in lucrative money market issuances, and the direct equity in related business green field corporations.
- The outlook diversification was seconded by the bank’s cemented relationship with finance corporations and local banks as well as the outstanding institutions and strategic sector heads.
- On the Syndicated Loans side, DCM was a strategic partner for EGPC through arranging (IMLA) two successful breakthrough deals in the banking sector, each for 2 Billion, with the joined arms of 16 local banks.
- Realizing its critical play in stirring the national economy, DCM was also an arranger and underwriter of the syndicated loan extended to the railway authority for the delivery of 212 new passenger compartments, thus uplifting the transportation service level provided to the public.
- On the Equity side, the stake owned in the top-ranked leasing company in Egypt, Incolease, has paved the introduction of the first of its kind funding mechanism in the banking sector via a new protocol, combining the direct banking funding as well as the lease-funding mechanism. This protocol alliance was a booster to many operating corporations, seeking rapid leverage for their expansion plans and financial requirements.
- DCM was a close watcher of the debt funds market, where it has captured many investment opportunities mainly in securitized bonds. Worth mentioning is that it was a principal and major subscriber of around 12 issuances since the very early introduction of these types of bonds in the funding market in 2004.
Strategy – 2015
- Be a vital partner in achieving national goals, by funding strategic economic sectors and enhancing corporations with sound visions and rational growth strategies.
- Maximize bank’s profitability by targeting versatile lucrative investment opportunities.
Introducing non-traditional finance mechanisms to accommodate borrowers’ different financial needs.